During October I Will.....

And......


Thursday 5 April 2012

This Year I Will Quarter One Update


This year I am going to update my 'This Year I Will....' goals on a three month basis.  Last year I was trying to do it monthly and to be honest I didn't achieve much as I didn't have enough time between updates to see much being achieved.  This is how I have got on so far: 
  • Kiss and cuddle my little babies at least once every day. Yes - apart from the few days I was at the scrap retreat.
  • Welcome a new baby in to our family - not yet, just another 4 weeks to Baby Hyde's due date.
  • Find something to smile about each day - overall I think this is a yes. 
  • Have a minimum of 30 minutes every day of ME time, no children, no TV, no computer, no telephone, just ME.  As selfish as this may sound, it needs to be done for my own health, both physically & mentally - sort of, most days I have achieved this but there have been some when it just has not been possible no matter how hard I have tried. 
  • Make Fridays (my day off) part housework/errand - frees the weekend to spend time with Liam & Freya - and part 'me' time - A bit of a mix this one, but more in my favour this year than it was last year.
  • Go out in to the fresh air every day, even if it is only for 5 minutes to sit, I will go outside and to clear my head and relax - yes, apart from the few days I spent in hospital (wasn't allowed to leave the ward as I was hooked up to heart monitors and Sarah's Cards retreat when I was just so busy having fun!. 
  • Actively join in with A Monthly Make - Wouldn't say I have finished something every month but I have done something crafty every day which in my book counts.
  • Eat 5 portions of fruit & veg a day- surprisingly this is a yes! .
  • Get organised; The last 2 years were really not a good years for organisation and this year I will get back to the place where I am in control of what is happening and not depending upon others, who quite frankly let me & my children down - getting there slowly. 
  • Choose carefully those people I let into our lives - a few tweeks may be necessary, facebook has a lot to answer for.  Thinking logically there usually is a reason why we have not had contact with somebody for a number of years, yet we get a facebook friend request from someone in our past and we just click yes.  Why? 
  • Start organising presents for Christmas - Its going to be a handmade year.  List has been made and some of the handmade items started.
  • Lose 2 stone in weight - 11 1/2 lbs since the start of the year, on target.
  • Have a professional family photo shoot - had one in February.  Hoping for another later in the year when I can have one's with Baby Hyde but all dependant on if she can sit unaided before Christmas.
  • Finish decorating my scrap space & bedroom - working on my crochet blanket, nothing else done yet as I am moving my scrap space down in to the dinning room and having an en-suite in it place.  Need to finish the brick work in the launderette, knock a new door into lounge.  Then split lounge back into two rooms.  Front one will be the dinning room (I currently have a lounge dinning room as my dinning room is my Father's lounge since he moved in with me, luckily the lounge is 32ft and can be split) and then back one the lounge which I have planning permission to extend 14ft which will make it around 28ft in size.  This is all dependant on something else being done first!
  • Decorate Liam's room - found his new bed clothes, does this count as progress?
  • Decorate the lounge - see bedroom above, no decorating until room split and extension built, probably won't happen this year due to finances.
  • Decorate the hall, stairs & landing - need to knock new door into lounge but have found the wallpaper I want and ordered it
  • Finish the roof on my garage - no progress yet.
  • Replace Kitchen roof - outside all repaired and water tight but, but I say, water leaked through and part of the inside has come down!  To be honest just going to put a piece of plaster board in which my Dad can do just to keep the warmth in as we have plans to extend and this part of the roof will need to come down when we knock through in to the extension.  at the moment would rather spend the money on other things in the house then plastering the ceiling to rip it down in 18m/2 years time.  I've lived in a building site for 5 years, a little unplastered corner of the kitchen won't upset me!  Plaster board up and this is a yes.
  • Finish the laundrette - sadly still a big hole, undecorated and new units needed.  Plus I now need a new tumble drier as my old one died a couple of weeks ago!!!!!
  • Sort out the plumbing - you've guessed it, nothing but I do have the phone number from a friend of a very reliable plumber.  Getting the phone number of a recommended plumber is progress as the 3 we have tried from yellow pages have been a complete waste of space and not turned up and after having 7days off work for plumbers who don't turn up I am never using any tradesman that is not recommended.  "Why did the plumber we know have to retire?
  • New window in bathroom and landing - nothing, not got the funds for this as other stuff, i.e hole in launderette wall takes priority.
  • Complete Project Life - got to 2 March completed.  Need to make a trip this week or next to our local shopping mall to get some photos printed.  Came to halt when my selphy printer ink ran out!
  • Complete 'One A Day' on crochet projects - check out that tally above!
  • Catch up on unfinished scrapping projects from 2011; JYC 2011, Document 2011 & Summer Holiday album - nothing done sadly but project tidy from yesterday will help.  Let you in to a little secret, yesterday was the first time I have seen a clear craft desk since I broke my knee last June;0)
  • Complete a Document 2012 album - nothing started yet.
  • Use more scrap stash than I buy - do I really need to comment?  I've been on a scrapping retreat.  But I have cancelled Studio Calico subscription.
  • Finish all the crochet projects I have started before I begin anything new - What can I say?  I have been good and finished a cot and pram blanket but started 2 squares blankets, 1 ripple and another baby blanket.  
  • Bake lots and lots of yummy things - baked some great tasting things but not as many as I would have hoped.
  • Win the lottery (got to have one thing that won't happen on the list) - nope, but still playing.  

30 goals and after 3 months:

10 are green

10 are amber

10 are red

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...