During October I Will.....

And......


Friday 17 December 2010

Twenty Christmas Questions

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? 
Wrapping paper but I am terrible at wrapping so do use a few bags here and there!
2. Real tree or Artificial? 
Love real trees but hate the mess and my cats love to climb them so we have fake but I do have a lovely real one planted in the garden.  Brought it about 10 years ago and was about 12" high.  After Christmas we planted it in the garden and when we moved took it with us.  Its now about 4 1/2 ft tall.
3. When do you put up the tree? 
Have always put the tree up the first weekend in December.....until this year :0(  See previous posts for regarding my plumbing work that didn't happen.  Plan is for it to go up this weekend.
4. When do you take the tree down? 
12th night
5. Favourite gift received as a child? 
A pair of roller skates when I was about 9 or 10
6. Hardest person to buy for? 
Struggled with quite a few people this year.
7. Easiest person to buy for
My Brother.  And yes you will wear it! 
8. Mail or email Christmas cards? 
Mail for family & close friends.  But I have done some email cards too.
9. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Home Alone was a huge hit in our house last year.  Kids were old enough to get the funny bits and I just loved watching their faces light up.
10. When do you start shopping for Christmas? 
I usually have it all finished by the end of November so my November pay is for parties.  However, all gone pear shapes this year and I still haven't got the kids main present along with presents for 6 other people.  Yes Christmas is a week away!
11. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? 
Only a bottle of red wine I was given and that is because I don't drink red.  But the person who I gave it to knew it was recycled and it wasn't the only present they had, it was an extra. So no guilt there.
12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? 
Turkey, stuffing, cranberry & apple sandwiches on Christmas night.  Much prefer this to the actual Christmas lunch as I always over eat and end of not enjoying it.
13. Lights on the tree (colored or clear)? 
Clear and lots of them.
14. Favourite Christmas song? 
Just got Now Christmas and loving all of them!
15. Travel at Christmas or stay home? 
Prefer to stay at home and always have apart from last year.  We went to my Brother's in South Wales which is the first Christmas I have not spent at my house or my parents.  Didn't feel right somehow.  But think that was probably down to the fact I have cooked Christmas lunch every year since I was 14 and I LIKE to be in charge!  Just don't walk in my kitchen, I don't NEED ANY HELP!!!!
16. Angel, star or ribbon on top of tree? 
Angel.  As a child we had one of my dolls which I dressed as angel.  When I got to 20 my Mother finally agreed it was time for a new one!
17. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? 
Christmas morning at silly o'clock!  Last year we travelled down to my Brothers Christmas morning (2 hour drive).  At 8 o'clock I ended up waking the kids as I wanted them to have the chance for a little play before we went.  Here I was waking a 6 & 7 year old up on Christmas morning!!!  What is that all about????  I however, hardly had any sleep.  Went to bed about 1 after greeting Santa and couldn't really sleep as I kept thinking any minute now they are going to be up.  This year I'm off to beb at 8 and someone else can entertain Santa, not that there is any chance of him coming to our house this year after the behaviour of 2 little horrors.
18. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
Fact I always end up ill.  Am actually sat here now with horrible cold and conjunctivitis. 
19. What do you want for Christmas this year?
Let me think.......new roof for my garage, laundrette & downstairs loo (getting a bit annoyed your can't use the loo for 12 hours after it has rained as you get a drip on your head!)  new central heating, lottery win, new washing machine (after weeks of teasing me it has finally dies yesterday) house completely decorated, extension finished, new kitchen.  In fact just bulldoze my house and build me a new one!
20. Traditional colors (red and green) or other colors? 
Our lounge decorations are all pastel; pink, green, blue, lilac & silver.  Would quite like a brown/bronze tree and decorations next year but need to save my pennies for that and to be honest any spare ones need to go on the house next year.
Link up below and share your answers to these 20 Christmas questions.


I've still not managed to do any scrapping but I have done some crocheting.  Mainly crocheted on the train to and from work - I'm not silly you see, a nice warm blanket on your lap while you are sat on a cold train!  As well as present buying I still have so much to do for next week, wrapping, tidying, cooking, food shop.  Totally totally disorganised this year.
Well I'm off now to bathe my sticky eyes and I promise to come back soon with some pictures - not of my eyes but Christmas cheery ones....now where did I put that disk for the camera, still need to load it on the new laptop!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...