During October I Will.....

And......


Thursday 23 December 2010

Only 2 More Sleeps!




Yes it really is only 2 more sleeps and I have so so much still to do, including, I'm very sad to say, more Christmas shopping.  I still have another 10 people to buy for.  I know this is shocking and for those people who know me, you can get up off the floor now.  Never ever have I entered December without all my Christmas shopping being done!  But this year, everything has just gone so so wrong.  Its mainly been down to have one infection after another the past 2 1/2 months.  I have literally gone 2/3 days then back down again with something else.  To be honest I don't think at any point since the beginning of October I haven't felt ill or at best just tired.  


Then the past week this snow really hasn't helped.  This is the view from our house last Saturday:






All very very pretty when freshly fallen and there are no foot prints in the snow.  I like snow if it is here for one day and I don't have to go anywhere.  I am now at the point where I need to get out, I need it to warm up so my washing machine pipe defrosts and I don't have to trek 15 minutes through the snow to the laundrette to wash clothes; this has become part of my daily routine as I can only manage to carry one load at a time and the hour round trip is getting to be a pain.

My Brother & his family (other half, step Son, in-laws) are coming to ours from South Wales for a few days over Christmas and as I type this I still don't know if they will be coming.  I have to go to work for 2 days next week then I am away for the New Year weekend.  Go away snow, you really have lost your appeal now!

2 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

Couldn't agree more Candace...am totally over the snow and now the roads are vaguely OK round here, the paths are utterly treacherous. If it consoles any, I'm in about the same position as you regarding shopping and pressies...but am also at the point of thinking that it HAS to be OK, because there really is only so much I can do; and I'm in good health! Don't let it get you down though..wishing you warmth and family love for Christmas..the rest is just embellishment. Stay safe!

Helena said...

Don't worry about things! As long as you have cooked those amazing mince pies (which I know you have) nothing else matters lol

As long as you have the kids sorted everybody else can wait. You have had ALOT on your plate the last few months and those than matter understand and those than are bothered by not having a visit from you or a card or present are just not worth bothering about.

I will be coming to see you for a lovely mince pie x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...