During October I Will.....

And......


Saturday 20 November 2010

A Cup Of Tea & A Slice Of A Passion Cake

Yesterday before I started on the housework I had a cup of tea and slice of cake.  As you all know it is very lazy just to sit and drink tea and eat cake.  Not wanting to be lazy I did a bit of scrapping whilst having my tea and cake.  I just have to say the cake was delish!  I'd got the recipe off the internet for a carrot cake last year (sorry don't know where).  That word 'carrot' cannot be uttered in this house as for sure the kids would go running to the hills, so I renamed it passion cake and the fact there are carrots in are never ever mentioned!  Being a sharing sort of person, I thought I would share such yumminess with you all.

As it is a healthy cake - got fruit, veg, nuts and fibre - I can't possibly cook it with the kids in the house, so with much sadness I had to leave the ironing yesterday afternoon in order to bake some cakes.

(Healthy) Ingredients



8oz wholemeal self raising flour (fibre)
5oz soft brown sugar
1/4 pint sunflower oil 
2 eggs 
4oz walnuts (nuts)
4oz sultanas (fruit)
2 ripe bananas (fruit)
1 carrot (vegetable)
2 tea spoon baking powder
1/2 tea spoon ground cinnamon

If you don't like nuts or sultanas they can be left out.  As you can see I didn't add walnuts, as I didn't have any.

This recipe makes a 1lb loaf and 3 muffins or 2 x 7" round cakes or 12 muffins.


Method

Heat oven to 160

Grate carrot.
chop/mash bananas

Place everything in a bowl and mix.  





That simple!

Cook for 45 mins to 1 hour for loaf/cake.  
Muffins 25 to 30 mins



Leave to cool




Yummy Frosting
(the not so healthy bit)

6oz full fat soft cheese 
2oz softened butter
4oz icing sugar
couple of drops of vanilla essence

Place all of the ingredients in a bowl & mix.

Spread over the cooled cake




If you like it can be decorated with walnut halves or marzipan carrots (at this point I'd got some walnuts!)

Slice & enjoy with a lovely cup of tea (at this point you can think about doing some housework but it is really NOT recommended)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...