During October I Will.....

And......


Tuesday 1 June 2010

Mr Postie Has Been A Knocking


Well well well, what do I have here?  Over the past few weeks I have been looking at Lucy's Blog Attic24 and Heather's Blog Little Tin Bird.  Both are huge crochet fans and both have commented on using Kool Kotton to crochet with.  Others have also commented about this yarn. 

Until now I have used Sirdar Baby Bamboo and Rowan Extra Fine Merino Wool.  Have been completing Granny Squares with both yarns.  The Rowan is crocheting beautifully and is so soft and warm, however, the Baby Bamboo is really soft but only crochets so so.  I am without doubt a real real big fan of the Rowan but at £4.95 a ball it is quite expensive.  Not too sure with the Baby Bamboo but again this is not that cheap at £3.10 a ball.  Both were purchased from local yarn shops because I am not yet super knowledgeable about what yarns are good and don't really want to waste money by buying online and finding they are not suitable or the colour is completely different to what I see on screen.  I have learnt from buying Scrapping papers online that the computer screen really does not give a true representation of the colour.

Having read both Lucy and Heather's reviews I ordered last Friday some Kool Kotton.  I purchased mine from Texure Yarns.  Arrived Saturday morning.  Here are the colours I purchased:


1st Row - KK15 Cerise, KK1 Pink, KK14 Khaki, KK3 Denim
2nd Row - KK13 Purple, KK7 Coral, KK6 Mint, KK11 Tomato
3rd Row - KK8 Aqua, KK2 Mauve, KK12 Olive, KK10 Lilac

Not quite sure yet whether to do Granny Squares or a Granny Stripe.  Will have a little play at a Granny Stripe tonight then decide.  To be honest, I quite fancy trying a Granny Stripe, but the counting large numbers of chain stitches is putting me off!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...