During October I Will.....

And......


Sunday 2 May 2010

Family Day Out & Fun Shopping

Really busy last 2 days.  At work yesterday followed by a little 'window shopping'.  Bought myself a new little camera as My husband took my old one when we split and I have been managing with the camera on my Blackberry ever since.  Found a lovely little bargain in Boots for £49.99, originally sold at £180.  Nothing flash, just something to keep in my handbag.

Then I went to Laura Ashley on the way to the train station and I saw their sale ended Monday.  Have been eyeing some wallpaper and curtain fabric up for my bedroom for some time and it was 50% off!  Couldn't resist.  Brough the wall paper but sadly finances did stretch to 10 metres of fabric, even at half price it was still £125.  Will have to save up a little longer.  Why do shops always have the things I want on offer when I don't have the funds to buy them?

This is my wallpaper:


Picture was taken from the Laura Ashley website and its not very good, goes quite blurred if I enlarge it.  Perhaps not everyones cup of tea, maybe a bit girly, but I like it and its my room!  Only having wallpaper on one wall.  The others will be painted the off white apart from the wall where my craft bench will go against.  Goint to paint that a lilac colour as I thought the white would get too dirty with the crafting.  I have an L shaped room and I am going to use the alcove as my craft space.  I will have approx 8ft square for crafting, can wait to get it done.

Then we went to Ikea last night to look and measure up for cupboards, oh & we had Swedish meatballs for tea. Think I am going to settle on the expedit range in birch.  Measured the alcove and I will have room for:


and a couple of these on the wall:

Not quite sure yet if I will have the desk that comes with the range or will buy a larger one to go fully across the back of the alcove.  While I was at Ikea I purchsed a few storage tubs & jars in order to start to get organised!

With all this new storage space being planned I had to go online last night and order some nice new stash to fill my cupboards with.  Let you have a look when it arrives.

We have had a day out today at the Black Country Living Museum.  Kids loved it.  Need to download some software to the computer to enable me to upload pictures from new camera and getting a little tired now so will be back tomorrow with the pictures.

Its now after 1.30am on Sunday morning so I will leave you for now as off to bed I go.

Night all x

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...